GET THE SPECS
What? Chlorella is a single-celled, two-billion-year-old great, green superfood.
Why? This fresh-water algae is crammed with nutrients and chlorophyll – that’s the plant antioxidant responsible for chlorella’s name and its green colour.
So what? It’s a nutrient-boost and a detox waiting to happen. Precisely what your body needs to help clear heavy metals and other toxins.
FACT: Chlorella contains three times more of the antioxidant chlorophyll per weight than any other known plant.
WHAT’S IN IT?
- Chlorella Growth Factor
It’s a potent antioxidant found in many green plants.
What does it do?
- It fights free radical damage.
- It’s structurally similar to oxygen-carrying haemoglobin in red blood cells, which is why it helps increase red cell counts.
- It can also chelate and clear heavy metals, detoxify the liver and help counter the effects of radiation.
2. CHLORELLA GROWTH FACTOR (CGF)
A unique phytochemical with multi-systemic effects.
What does it do?
- Supports healthy immune function by stimulating the production of interferon, and protecting infection-fighting T-cells and B-cells.
- Its probiotic function stimulates the growth of good bacteria and supports the digestive system.
- It promotes tissue regeneration, growth and repair without causing uncontrolled cell proliferation in the form of malignancies. Or it wouldn’t be called a “growth factor”.
3. LOTS OF NUTRIENTS
- Vitamins, including the stress-busting Bs and vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Minerals, particularly iron, but also calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iodine, zinc, copper, sodium and various trace elements.
- Essential fatty acids, to contribute to cholesterol balancing.
- Protein, carbohydrates, amino acids and nucleic acids.
FACT: Chlorella contains more protein per weight than meat or fish and more DNA and RNA nucleic acids than any other natural source.
HOW DOES CHLORELLA HELP YOU?
It helps your body clear out all kinds of junk.
- Heavy metals. The cellulose in chlorella’s tough cell wall binds chemically with noxious heavy metals like mercury, lead, arsenic and cadmium. Then it shows them the door.
- Pesticides. It helps the body flush out hydrocarbon pesticide traces, like DDT, kepone and PCBs.
- Radiation. It helps reduce damage due to radiation exposure. Japanese scientists have been investigating its effects since the nuclear disasters of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Fewer free radicals. The antioxidant chlorophyll cuts the tissue damage and ageing caused by free radicals.
- More regeneration. The CGF, in chlorella helps promote cell growth and tissue repair.
- More nucleic acids. When you hit your 20s, nucleic acid volumes start to decrease. CGF also boosts nucleic acid levels and so, may have an anti-ageing function.
3. THE EXTRAS
Still not enough for you? Here’s what else chlorella can do…
- More macrophages, the immune cells that swallow and destroy invading organisms and contaminants.
- An alkaline pH, as chlorella helps counter acidity and restore the body’s optimal, pH balance.
- More energy, due to improved nutritional status.
- Fresher breath, thanks to the chlorophyll.
- Better digestion, due to the healthier balance of good bacteria in the gut.